For those of you who are popular on the mailing scene, the U.S. Postal Service will be increasing their rates (again) on January 27, 2013. Be ready to use all your current postage at $0.45 before then or you will be adding additional postage to mail your items. It looks like postage will be increasing for all packages. MAIL NOW!
One tip would go and buy as many “Forever Stamps” as you can. These are good no matter what the value of postage changes too.
Below you will find a summary of the new postage prices as seen on Stamps.com.
Summary of the 2013 USPS postage rate increase:
- First Class Letters (1 oz.) will increase by one cent to $0.46 from $0.45. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.20 (no change)
- First Class Flats (1 oz.) will increase by two cents to $0.92 from $0.90. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.20 (no change)
- Postcard rates will increase by one cent to $0.33 from $0.32
- Priority Mail Commercial Base (online postage) rates will increase by an average of 6.3% and will start at $5.05 (previously at $4.90)
- Express Mail Commercial Base (online postage) rates will increase by an average of 5.8% and will start at $13.09 (previously at $12.85)
- First Class Mail International packages will be renamed First Class Package International Service. The service now includes Commercial Base discounts of up to 10% off retail rates. It will also include free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International for packages being delivered to Canada
- Parcel Post is being renamed Standard Post and will only be available for purchase at the Post Office
- Parcel Select is replacing Parcel Post for online postage vendors and will now include free Delivery Confirmation
- Express Mail International insurance coverage will be increased to $200 from $100. The coverage is included for free
- For Priority Mail International Flat Rate service, a special rate will be offered for delivery service to Canada. Mexico is now included with ?all other countries?
- New Product! A Global Forever Stamp is being introduced to send a one ounce letter or postcard to any country in the world for $1.10